If you go through any lifestyle magazine or other home décor related blogs, then I am sure that you will come across the term ‘RTA Cabinets’ several times. Yes, RTA or Ready-to-Assemble Cabinets have created a rage in the world of home improvement and there are various reasons behind it. By working in this industry as an interior decorator for quite some time now, even I suggest a lot of my clients to go for these versatile cabinets. What? Worried where to buy them from? Well, don’t worry; as there are many cabinet companies that sell this beautiful and convenient piece of kitchen furniture.
However, if your idea regarding these cabinets is not very clear, then you need to take a look at the rest of this blog. Keep reading and I am sure that you will be convinced to buy them after reading this blog.
- Details:Broken down into a lot of components, these cabinets are generally packed with a set of instructions and hardware. You can choose the material of these cabinets and will also have the option of choosing in between fully finished or unfinished.
- DIY Skills:Although many people say that this requires unique DIY skills, this is actually not the case. You can assemble these cabinets, even if you have never tried your hand at any DIY project before. Simply browse through the internet to come across certain pictures and videos, and make it a point to follow the instructions stepwise.
- Convenience:The best part about this cabinet is its convenience. It is generally shipped to your door and yes, you can actually customize them according to your style and preference.
- Cost:RTA cabinetry is a lot less expensive than the traditional customized or semi-customized kitchen cabinets. So, if you are one of those people who want a budget-friendly kitchen renovation, or the one who has already spent quite a lot of money on getting a new home and is looking out for ways to cut on the home décor cost, then this cabinet will surely save you. And let me tell you that kitchen cabinets are quite costly and they comprise of about 25-30% of a total kitchen decoration.
Added Information: You must be surprised to know that you do not actually have to worry about the shipping costs because generally, they are light-weight, unlike the traditional cabinetry.
- Evolution:Well, you might be still under the misconception that RTA cabinets are still those mundane, unstylish ranges of cabinets which come in a limited option of colors and finish. But, this is not the case at all. Just make sure that you pick the right wholesaler that keeps a wide range of products. You can actually order anything starting from the usual browns to the contemporary whites, according to your home interior. Yes, you read that!
So, these are some of the most important things that you need to know about RTA or Ready-to-Assemble cabinets. And, to get some more information, kindly read on.
- On-spot Shipping Damage Inspection
Make sure you inspect all the materials as soon as you get the box. Check if there are any scratches, dents, discoloration, etc; and if you notice anything like this, get in touch with your retailer immediately.
Generally, the tools required to assemble these cabinets include:
- Wood Glue
- Staple Gun
- Hammer, etc.
But, this again depends on the type of the cabinet you are going to purchase. So, keep them ready.
- Layout and Organize: Lay out everything from beforehand, starting from the screws to other tools, so that nothing gets misplaced.
So, now that you know it all, hopefully, you will buy one very soon. And, to get tips on choosing a cabinet wholesaler, wait for my next blog!